Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Facts are Enlightening

I've been kind of worried about my Facebook popularity, which is stupid. It just seems like certain people are only commenting on certain posts. So I decided to rant about it. Of course, my thought was that everyone was either not getting it or related to me. Or both. But to my surprise the facts checked out differently. Feast your eyes:

Out of 20 posts since May 2, I wrote:

6 about my personal life,
                 4 of which were from friends of family and 14 of which were from friends.
5 about current events,
                 5 of which were family, 7 of which were friends, and 2 of which didn't get it.
5 about wit/humor,
                 7 of which didn't get it and 3 were everyone else.
3 other,
                 3 of which were family, 3 of which were friends, and 2 of which didn't get it.
1 a movie quote,
                 All 8 of which were friends.
and 3 about this blog,
                 Which received no comments. At all.

So out of 58 comments, only 20% were family, and 18% were people who didn't get it.
Of course, 70 % of people didn't get my jokes. But really, there was also the fact that the majority of comments on my daily life was on about one post. Then again, when divided up it's about 2.3 comments per post.

So really I shouldn't be a whiner. There are plenty of people who still comment that aren't either related or lacking a sense of humor.

But then there's all the posts I deleted, that no one commented on...

No comments:

Post a Comment